Friday, January 16, 2009

Staging materials

Today I received my staging (orientation) materials for the Peace Corps. I was quite surprised since I was expecting it to arrive in the mail not through email. None the less, I am excited and nervous about my future adventure to Zambia. With the arrival of my staging materials and already booking my flight to D.C. for staging, reality is setting in. I still have to pack and continue to shop for more items that I need.

My departure is still a month away, but there is still plenty to do. The main thing is packing. We can only have two checked bags and have an 80 lbs limit total. I had two cars full just for college and I was only 6 hours away from home. The fun/challenging part of packing is trying to rationalize to myself the stuff I want to bring, but isn't necessary.

Things I need to buy:
Good rain coat
Rain boots
2 yr supply of cotton underwear and socks
Skirts/shorts
Swiss army knife
Solar powered charger for camera, ipod, and computer

This doesn’t seem like much, but it feels like a lot. I know there are a few other things that I will pick up along the way that might not be mentioned in my list.

This is all for now! Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment