Sunday, February 15, 2009

The night before the night before

The time has come for me to ship out to Zambia. There were many times that I thought that this day would never get here. Now that it is right around the corner, I am so nervous/afraid that I wish I had a few more days. I know that this is going to be a great experience, but I cannot help thinking about how scared I am. Part of me wants to stay here at home where I know the language, have a routine, friends, a life. It is comfortable here. The other part of me cannot contain how excited I am for this adventure! God only knows what it will be like over there. What it is that I will get to see, do, experience. It is a time for change and here I come!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck, AnnMarie. You're in for the time of your life. It's a great country with great people. Say hi to Ba Mizhi, Ba Phiri, Ba Bweupe, Bo Sikota, and all the nice folks at Peace Corps. --David Frossard (PC/Zambia '03-'05).

    ReplyDelete